Saturday, November 22, 2008

Got Raw Milk?


Drinking milk straight from clean, pastured cows (or goats) is one of the best things you can do for you and your family's health in my opinion. I discovered what harm pasteurization and homogenization does to milk, beyond the hormones, antibiotics and confinement (even with "organic milk" cows), and I was really unhappy about how such a good thing could be turned so very bad. Now that we've started drinking raw milk, we can't imagine going back. It tastes amazing and it just so nutritious.

Interestingly, when talking to my mother (who does not consume any dairy) she noted that I used to have many colds, sinus problems, post nasal drip and bronchitis all the time growing up, especially in the winter. And as kids we were always made to drink our milk and eat many other dairy products. I stopped getting this sort of thing later in life- when I was in high school and didn't drink my milk and especially in college when I rarely drank any. She was linking dairy to my sicknesses early in life. And when I think of it, it really makes sense. Every time I eat regular dairy these days I feel all stuffy and mucousy. But with raw milk- never- it is totally different. I feel great.

So on that note, I'll urge everyone to read up on raw milk on the following websites. I'll go have my glass right now!

http://www.realmilk.com/where2.html

http://www.rawmilk.org/default.php

No comments: