Friday, November 14, 2008

Gum O'Mile- Great for Teething

Lately I've been having problems with my son and teething. He just does not want to sleep when his teeth bother him- and sometimes that can be quite difficult. I will not resort to Tylenol or Oragel, but I have scoured the internet looking for something natural to help him...something I have not tried already. Homeopathy had not made an impact (although I may need to use 200c instead of 30c), I had bought wooden teethers (really cool) which he promptly threw on the floor and the list goes on and on.

I happened to find a great product by Herbs for Kids called Gum O'mile while searching. I actually tried it on my own gums and I think it would be good for after dental work. I was surprised that it is not that well known, so I thought I would have to share. It really did help my son more than anything else so far.

Here's what's in it:

(The clove oil is what helps the gums- but don't try clove oil alone, it needs to be diluted in a carrier oil so it does not burn when applied.)

INGREDIENTS PER SERVING: Almond oil, Willow bark extract, Chamomile flowers extract, Essential oil of Clove bud and Vitamin E oil

Just a little end note- I've been using the homeopathic remedy "cina" with good results to help my son go to sleep when his teeth make him wakeful. It is excellent for sleeplessness and irritability in children. Remember to give the remedy in water- one pellet in 4oz, a teaspoon at a time. Watch for results and if there is none succuss the bottle 10 times and give another teaspoon. Discontinue when there is improvement and if not continue with the succussing.


No comments: